National level volunteer positions
As a grassroots organization, DFLA needs talented, committed volunteers. Our volunteers work with a small but brilliant team of passionate activists to supercharge DFLA. You will steer our organization at a crucial time of growth, spearhead an upswell in the Democratic Party, and help protect society’s most vulnerable, from pre-born children to those on death row. You will have opportunities to engage with prominent elected pro-life Democrats and have substantial responsibility.
No prior charitable, political, or activist experience is required, but we benefit tremendously from self-starters who define their own role, are highly organized, and are able to drive initiatives to completion.
If you are interested in any of the positions below, please submit your resume and a cover letter to the portal here. Please address any questions about any of the roles through our contact form.
- Member, Board of Directors (note: comes with fundraising commitment)
- Join monthly calls to guide our strategy
- Oversee our growth & major decisions
- Research Director & Scorecard Director
- Join our weekly Candidate Committee meeting
- Maintain our master list of pro-life Democratic officials & votes
- Create a state & federal scorecard for legislators
- Media Director
- Cultivate press contacts
- Write press releases and organize op-eds
- Social Media Officer
- Take responsibility for regularly posting across our social media accounts, along with our Communications Director
- Candidate Support Director
- Produce mailers for endorsed candidates
- Run town halls with endorsed candidates
- Events Director
- Coordinate DFLA events (e.g., caucuses, conferences)
- Come up with event initiatives
- PAC Director
- Begin a DFLA PAC to support pro-life Democrats
- Raise money for that PAC
- Member, Candidate Committee
- Join our weekly Candidate Committee to discuss our recruitment and electoral strategy
- Member, Legislative Committee
- Join our weekly Legislative Committee to discuss our legislative strategy
- Intern (college students only)
- Support our Executive Director directly
- Earn college credit
- DFLA is able to subsidize some travel & accommodation expenses for on-site internships
- State Chapter President
- Begin a state chapter to lobby in your state and support local pro-life Democrats
- Apply to run a state chapter here
Note that DFLA does not have local chapters (i.e., county-level); we only have state-level chapters.
DFLA also takes open resume submissions here.